Saturday, April 15, 2017

Puppies, Pigs and Chlorine

The puppies next door are up and rolling. They stay within 20 feet of their birth-spot. Hard to get photos since the little fur-balls move constantly. So, a short video of puppies doing the puppy wrassle thing.
Apparently, Momma is no longer in ultra fierce protector mode. She let me get as close as I wanted and didn't move or make a sound. 

Click here for puppy video


In the US, folks enjoy (and take for granted) that they will always have nice filtered and treated water when they turn the faucet. Not so in other places, like Panama. In Torti, I am lucky to have water 24/7/365. The treated and filtered part - not so much.
I add a dash of chlorine every time I fill the reserve tank for treatment. I have a crude filter, but still some crud gets through and kept plugging the shower head.
Channeling MacGyver, I came up with the Goyo-No-Plug shower head. Simple and effective. Just drill a 3/16" hole in a threaded 1/2" PVC cap and done. 
I have manufactured them in bulk for my friends in Ipeti and Pueblo Nuevo, who had the same head-clogging problem.

Chlorine College with Prof Goyo yesterday morning in greater metropolitan downtown Curti. A well behaved class. Lots of laughs and we made some wicked-good chlorine from just salt and water = MAGIC !!
The device uses 12VDC, so we had to make do with a car engine for laboratory this morning. They are making a nice table at Leo's house and
will buy a 12V car battery.













When you are a pig farming family, butchering a hog is part of the game. Mother Mylin teaches the boys how it's done. Another big feast for Easter tonight. After last party "miscommunication",
Mylin made it VERY clear that I am invited - laughing "Do you want a printed invitation?" And, yes, we need your table again.


No comments:

Post a Comment